A Nation In Distress

A Nation In Distress

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rand Paul on airport screening for terrorists (audio)

From Creeping Sharia:


Rand Paul on airport screening for terrorists (audio)

Rand Paul was detained by the TSA yesterday. He shared his experience with Sean Hannity and you can listen to his version of the incident by clicking the Youtube link but the excerpts below on airport screening were relevant:
“I want them checking the manifest of the plane to see if they went to Yemen twice in the past six months, if they’ve been to Pakistan; I want to know that if there are people that fit a risk profile that someone is spending some extra time with them but I don’t think random searches are helping anybody…”
And:
“I think if we did background checks on people who are flying our highest risk is on international flights coming into the U.S., our second highest risk would be people who have been somewhere internationally and are living here or staying here; I want to know where are all the foreign students – are they in school? I’m in the Senate and I haven’t necessarily been told or reassured that every student here on a visa from a Middle Eastern country is accounted for and that they are not in school being sent home…we have hundreds of thousands of them and all of the hijackers I think almost all of them were here on student visas, overstaying their visas, we weren’t policing it and I want to be sure that we are really targeting and looking at people that are really intent on attacking us more than just regular American citizens…”
Sounds logical, except ten years after 9/11 they are just casual conversation on talk radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment